Saturday, August 22, 2009

Carol's Prayer for Today

Lord, I know that you have a plan for my life and as I am on this journey, don't
see those plans or see how I fit in. But Lord I thank you today so much for our
family and friends who have prayed me back to health these last few weeks in
California. It is bittersweet to leave, and I don't know why you kept me here in
California, but please make it someday clear the blessing that you had planned.

For today I ask for your protection and just to "be in the details" as we
travel back to DC. You know that I am worried about the logistics of this trip
and the crazy things like swelling in my body and getting me into tip-top shape
for the important medical stuff I have coming up at Johns Hopkins next week
with Dr Giday on Monday and Dr Laheru on Wednesday and their teams. But I also
KNOW from Your Word that I don't HAVE to worry about next week or even tomorrow.
..that you will give me just the strength I need.
You tell me so clearly that You will be there for all the tomorrows, and next
weeks, just as You have been.

I thank You that You worked out the travel details that both Chip and Andrew
will be at the airport in cars when we arrive on the East Coast. I don't know
why You have our whole family brought together over 3000 miles -Chip from San
Diego, Andrew from Maine- for this Saturday night pick up/Sunday in DC, but I
thank You for that.

Lord, there's what is on my heart tonight. I'm going back to sleep now. Thanks
for this time with You.

Holding on to these veses of Yours: --

Deuteronomy 33:12 "Let the beloved of the Lord rest
secure in Him, for He shields "her" all day long, and the one the Lord
loves rests between His shoulders."

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his
word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto
me." - Psalms 56:3-4

Your daughter,
Carol
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

11 comments:

  1. Carol, I hope your trip hope is uneventful and that your upcoming procedures go without a "hitch". Your blog continues to inspire me everytime I read it. I missed seeing you while you were in California, but know that you are continually in my prayers. Hugs to Frank and the "kids".

    Lynn Cheney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels.Glad you are coming back. Let the docs at JH figure out how to untie these knots. Hope we xcan see you both soon-- XCXCXC Dick Sauber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, Glad to hear that you're able to travel home. Hope the skies are sunny and smooth for your journey. Cindy and Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you are headed home and we pray for gentle winds, a safe trip for all your family and comfort for you physically and spiritually.

    Marty and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It is a privilege to know you and walk with you on this journey. Count on our prayers and loving thoughts for your trip back to the East coast.
    Love and hugs as always,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol,
    Glad to hear that you are heading home. We're thinking of you today and hoping for an easy flight. Continue to rest and gain strength for your upcoming procedures at JH. Your doctors will be happy to have you back in their care.
    Hugs to you, Frank, Chip, Christine and Andrew.
    Love, Gary & Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, we're so pleased that you and Frank are heading home. We'll pray that you have a safe and uneventfull journey. We'll miss you both in San Diego next week but know you are in the place you belong right now. We'll be adding you to the prayer wall again this afternoon and will continue to pray daily for you and your family. Love and hugs, Wally & Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Carol, Your chosen bible verses, give me light into how you are feeling right now. I hope your doctors give you meds to help you relax and ease your pain, so that your trip home will seem like a dream. I pray that when you get home all will be taken care of, and that you get well. You say above that you know that our Lord Almighty, has a plan for your life...... So much of that plan has been played out by the wonderful things that you have accomplished in this life. Your amazing, kind, intelligent and thoughtful children. Finding and loving your tall, dark and handsome Frank, who has been a Godsend to your and the kids. Touching the lives of so many people in such magnificent ways. Being loved by so many tells you that "YOU" are a gift from GOD to all of us. "Oh Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago". Isaih 25:1 I will see you again, I don't know when or how, for you are in my heart everyday. You have taught me so many things in the time we have spent together, (gosh, we have known each other for over 20 years now!). Mostly, you have brought my faith to a higher level. You have shown me kindness, dignity and honor. I have always looked to you for guidance in more ways than you know. The time I stayed with you in DC was an honor for me. You, taking the time out of your busy life to show me around. It was a trip I will never forget. I have the picture of you and me in front of Mt. Vernon sitting in my family room. I love that picture, it helps me hear your voice, which is always so uplifting. "You Gotta Keep Dancin" girlfriend. You will understand this next week. Have a safe trip home and good luck next week.
    Love you forever,
    Carol Jaramillo

    ReplyDelete
  9. specially for Carol
    God gives to His servants this promise:
    You’ll not have to face life alone;
    And when you grow weak in your struggle,
    His strength will prevail—not your own. —Hess
    luv, lydia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you, Carol-- for strength, restoration, insight, joy, peace and serenity. I think it might have been Greg Koukl(www.str.org) who penned that "YOU are God's will for your life" (my paraphrase, I believe!) In other words, each one of us who puts our complete trust in the God of all, who surrenders to Him every aspect of our person and our lives, is God's plan--a living testimony of the redemptive plan of salvation and the freedom in Christ that it brings. We may never know the "whys" in this life, but we know the "Who"...and the "How"...and His grace is sufficient. Blessings, My Friend~ Carolyn A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My prayer for Carol and Frank, and all who are keeping vigil with them;

    Lord, how inscrutable are your ways. We confess that our thoughts are not Your thoughts. Our ways are not Your ways. You love us far more than we love You, And Your wisdom is far superior to ours. Help us to yield our will to Yours, and our puny knowledge to Your Grand Wisdom. Help us to see Your love behind everything that happens to us. For You are at work for good in our lives when we place our complete trust in You. You know, Lord, how confused our minds are, and what great distress afflicts our hearts. Have mercy Lord, Have mercy on us. We confess that You are never Nearer to us than when our hearts are broken. Come to us in our weakness, Lord, Increase our faith. You are our only hope, dear Lord, we seek refuge under the shelter of Your wings. We bow down before You, the God of mercies and bounties. You alone are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You we give glory, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.
    May His Peace abide with you this day!
    In His Extravagant Love, Susan Wallace

    ReplyDelete