Friday, June 5, 2009

Hi there! I am signing on just to share a little happy news! Found an email from Carol very early this morning and I wanted to share these excerpts:

"I would not have missed this week at the shore for anything. It has been a perfect build up…rested up nicely from the day at JH…which seems to tire me out, funny when it was really only hydration. But each day I have done better and better and now I am so close to the “old me.” Family and friends started arriving yesterday and I can tell on the look on people’s faces, they are surprised at how GOOOOOOOOOOD I look! Thinner, but good.

The bride is doing wonderfully! Not a hint of stress in sight. She is a picture of peace and grinning happiness! (even yesterday when the wine merchant told them….oops, sorry, we are 5 cases short on the red wine that you ordered! /She just said..okay, well talk to my dad, he’ll work out a substitute! Cute.) and she is totally non-plussed by this rain. (although I heard you had a torrential downpour yesterday…that never made it over here. over cast yesterday but no rain yesterday.)

I have been so good allowing everyone to boss me around to rest. And actually I just get up, walk out of the room, come into our bedroom here (which is SO quiet b/c it is fully separate from the house (no second story)) and I hang out…sometimes I nap, sometimes read. all’s good. It’s been fun to watch the gardeners transform the yard. The tent is up and it doesn’t take up as much room as I was afraid that it was. I woke up this morning to the pitter patter of rain and thought “boy Lord, you are adding weather-trust to Christine and Erik’s faith walk in this wedding!! But weatherman says sunny tomorrow! "

So . . . as you can see . . . Carol is feeling energized, strong and happy!

And I just wanted you all to know :-)

Sally

PS Watch this space! Photos to come following the wedding!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks to Sally for the great quotes from Carol! Steve is keeping me posted here in California with all the excitement. It sounds like Grand Central Station, but everyone is pitching in and having a ball. What a great atmosphere for Christine and Erik to start their new life together! May Carol continue to bask in the glory of mother-of-the-bride, and may Frank feel better to do his "walk" and FOB duties!!! Love and cheers to all, June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! We are all so excited to hear about the wonderful day that God has in store for this family. We are praying that Carol's energy continues to increase and that she is able to be completely consumed by the joy and love of this special weekend!

    Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been praying all week for you all! Praising the Lord for the good report. We know it will be a glorious day!

    Sending love,

    Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, happy day of wedding and love to the entire marshall family and friends gathered together! i am joining you in spirit, and i can't wait to see tons and TONS of pictures! thank you, LORD, for love! xoxoxoxo from hollyb p.s. love ya', christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending sunny thoughts from San Diego for today's big event. Love to all!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read our local weather report yesterday: rain here in CA and in the midwest, but mild and dry on the upper east coast. Well, we've been praying for that, so a big contented smile here for God's work. :o) Pleased too, that Christine is resting in contentment with the circumstances. What a gem she is.

    Delighted that you are feeling more like your old self for this incredible week Carol. I know there must be a long list of "God things" that happened during this week. Entrusting everything to Him just makes the best sense, doesn't it? Can't wait to hear about all of His love that was unfurled onto you and your family and see some of the pics!

    Praying still....J and J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol & Sally, What a dynamic team you are...thank you for sharing all the good news of the week and the wonderful lead-up to the wedding. God truly provided this week to everyone. Can hardly wait to see the wedding pictures...a beautiful day was saved for a most important day. Love, Mary Beht

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol we love you and are praying and cheering for you! Tricia and Mark

    ReplyDelete