Monday, July 20, 2009

BIG PRAYERS NEEDED!!!!!

Big day pray-for-nerve-block- procedure-day today, thanks for watching this space.

Here’s the scoop. As you saw from Sally’s update (thanks Sally!) I have been here at Johns Hopkins since Thursday night trying to figure out what was bringing on the excruciating, acute in-the-back pain. It wasn’t constant, but when it came – wow-eee! Bottom line is that we really don’t know what is causing it, but they given me pain meds to control it any time it comes AND (today) they are going to go back in an do another nerve block in the back. (so I think I was repeating what you know from Sallly)

Prayer Today: As soon as I find out the time the procedure is scheduled, Sally will pop it on the blog, as so if you could please pray for the doctors (the same team that was so successful the last time!!) to be guided to the Precise Spot of the nerves to deaden them. THANK YOU.

In Carol’s head: I have thought a lot about it and concluded that this is so important to me, because it means that (recognizing that pain is just part of the deal here…) my pain can be controlled by deadening the nerves and NOT by just taking a pain pill. It’s me, I know. And I understand that these pain drugs are very effective, they are not addicting b/c they are truly hitting the pain and not just “feel good” feelings – but still, it’s my silly head and I just don’t want to have to live on pain pills. SO am I being selfish, yep. But will you still pray with me that the nerve block will work 100% as it did the last time so pain pills are not necessary?

Last night update: I had one pain episode at about 4 am…they gave me pain meds, but assured me that would not “deaden” all the pain at the time of the procedure today. (Interesting the Pain Mgmt team said that actually during the procedure a little pain is “good” for them b/c they can say to me, in real time, Do you feel that? Do you feel that? As they poke around and confirm they got to the nerves. So here’s a funny prayer request: Pray for Pain during the procedure!) btw, they were very quick to say…but Carol, we don’t want you in pain at all, it’s just that it would be a little “helpful!” ha, ha. I totally get it b/c that’s what they did the last time when it worked so well.

Cool thing today: Talk about God affirming that He is here today too!....at 7:40 am my phone rang and it was ANDREW! I didn’t recognize the number and thought it might be the doctors. He was calling from the wilds of camp up in Jackman, Maine. He is busy being a counselor, no cell or internet service up there so can’t read the blog or get emails and he just said, “Mom, I was just praying for you..and God just wanted me to call you and tell you that, so I came to the Camp Office and they let me use the phone. Just wanted to let you know I was praying.” WOW. Is that cool or what? I was crying. He was crying. We decided our God does give us JUST what we need just when we need it. God is good.

Watch this space; I’ll let you know when the procedure gets scheduled…and then will blog at the end of the day with an update on Answer to Prayer! Again. Thanks for walking with me.



Love you all,

Carol

OKAY…THEY JUST CAME IN AND TOLD ME…PAIN MANAGEMENT TEAM CALLED. THEY ARE READY FOR ME. BY THE TIME THEY GET ME OVER THERE AND ALL PREPPED LOOKS AS THOUGH THE PROCEDURE WILL BE IN ABOUT THE 11 – 1 TIME FRAME WOULD BE MY GUESS.

5 comments:

  1. Carol I am in the 11-1 window and will pray for a successful nerve block procedure!
    Jane Schindewolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carol, I'm praying right now that the doctors will score a "bull's eye" which will bring immediate relief to your pain. How blessed you are to have such a supportive and loving family to hold you up through this ordeal! Clearly God delights in comforting and ministering to you in the deep places of your body and soul. And to watch Him at work placing just the right doctors and staff in your path speaks so much of His great mercy and loving care! I look forward to reading about this victory!

    With lots of love,
    Carolyn Arneson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    Praying for the doctor's to take direct aim at the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying right now!

    Beth Brady

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Harvey Penick said "take dead aim"! and we are praying that for the docs from Harvey's home town (since Frank just got those new Ping's he should know who Harvey Penick is; if not, Google him just for fun). Anyway, I'll bring a copy of his Little Red Book for you two & give it to you at the Nov board meeting where we'll be praising God with you for your recovery. Winn

    ReplyDelete