Friday, February 27, 2009

Carol Writes of the Desert and Mountains


This morning I woke up and opened my Bible to Isaiah and did something I generally don’t do… I just flipped to a random verse and thought..hmmm, I wonder what God has for me today? And look where my Bible opened to:

Isaiah 40:

1 Comfort, comfort my people says your God…

3 a voice of one calling: “in the desert prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; The rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.

5 and the GLORY of the Lord WILL BE REVEALED, and all mankind together will see it.

So, there you have it…EVERY valley shall be raised up..EVERY mountain made low, rough ground will be level and rugged places plain. What a promise!! And I pray that God’s glory will INDEED be revealed in this journey through the desert. In December when I was flying over Iraq and Afghanistan and I looked out the window, I thought…wow, I thought the “desert” was just sandy flat, flat, flat…but then I saw the rugged mountains of Afghanistan and the valley. Funny how God can even use those visual pictures in our memories to give us a clearer and clearer picture of His message to us.

Wait! I took a picture out the window of the airplane….THESE are my valleys that will be raised up and the mountains that will be made low. Yep, yep I see some mountains ahead…but boy oh boy we have a great God who is going to guide me through! Yay!


Anyway, just thought I’d share what God showed me today…random, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Hey there my dear friend,
    KEEP ON FLIPPING PAGES and you'll come to Chapter 57 (hint: it's right after Chapter 56). There the Lord tells us through His prophet Isaiah (in my paraphrase of vv 15 & 18): "This is what the high and lofty majestic GOD says -- 'I live in the high and holy place, but also with Carol who is contrite and humble in spirit, to revive her spirit and revive her heart (and liver). I have seen her ways, and I will heal her; I will guide and restore comfort to her, creating praise on her lips (and amazement in her caregivers). Peace, peace, says the Lord, and I will heal her.'"
    Praying for you from Texas,
    jwc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Marshall,

    I just wanted to write real quickly and say that I hope everything goes well on Monday at Johns Hopkins. I've been getting the emails that you've sent, forwarded to me by Uncle Jerry, and been reading your blog also. (One of my AP English teachers in high school had a class blog, so I'm already familiar with it). I've been praying for you, and will continue to do so. I'm so glad that you've been in the hands of great doctors, and that you were able to get that last spot for the trial! That is definitely God's work showing up. I'll continue to check up on the blog!

    Brent Rose

    P.S. This is the first time I've heard of someone conducting business in the ICU haha! The fact that you have been able to do that must mean that you are doing pretty well considering everything, so I'm glad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol your blog posts -- can't believe i said "blog posts" -- anwyay ---- they are inspiring and awesome. I have told Sarah, Lisa and Emily about your battle and they join in with Mary and I and send love and prayers and hope.

    ReplyDelete