Sunday, March 1, 2009

Food Blog???






Saturday:

No Carol-health news, but we sure are having a blast having Andrew home from Maine, Chip home from San Diego and Christine+Erik here all the time! Friday night was such fun, we had a “wine selection” for the wedding! Our friends Jerry and Patty came from North Carolina with a selection of “candidates” for the wedding. Steve and June came over, we were all here, Erik made a PHENOMENAL dinner of herb-crusted lamb chops, fingerlings and roasted broccoli (hey, forget cancer…let’s make this a FOOD BLOG!) with Erik as our chef, that would be do-able ~ although I think his Latin students would feel very cheated!! June and Patty baked an amazing cake for dessert. We had such fun! (and the wedding wines were selected as a result of the blind tasting…complete with forms to fill out and record the tastings!) It was a wonderful, happy evening of family and friendship! No wine for me, so I was the official photographer. Here are some pix!

7 comments:

  1. Every blog should have at least one comment!!! I didn't realize that I had given Erik permission to use my kitchen to create a fantastic meal. I'm jealous.
    Love,
    H & K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    We had such a great time Friday evening. Food was delicious and it was great to see you and the family.
    As I was driving back to N.C. God brought to mind a song. Here are the words
    God will make a way where there seems to be no way. He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a way for me. He will be my guide, hold me closely to his side,with love & strength for each new day. He will make a way.
    By a roadway in the wilderness He will lead me. Rivers in the desert will I see. Heaven & earth will fade away,but his word will remain. He will do something new today.
    That's all I remember. You and family are in our prayers
    Love,
    Patty VS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik...those look AMAZING! Mrs. Marshall, those are the lucky pork chops. Christine said yes right after he made them last, haha :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren is right...Erik recreated the "engagement dinner" just for us! It was so delicious...no wonder Christine said YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol: We loved Friday night and the cheer and hopefulness it brought. You are amazing! We took you to National Pres. this morning and know the Lord heard us. 'Know this has been a special time for you and Frank to have the kids home. We'll be thinking and praying for your time at JH tomorrow. Love, and hugs, June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typical Erik move... stealing the spotlight with delicious food. Anyway, Carol, I'm thinking of you and I'm glad to see that your had a great weekend with the fam. And remember, as sung in the Karate Kid, "You're the best... around... nothing's ever gonna keep you down!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a minute...who is getting married?

    ReplyDelete