Thursday, March 5, 2009

PET Scan & Liver Biopsy Scheduled at Hopkins

As my grandpa used to say, “Here we go, off to the races!” The moment we have all been praying for (REMIND me of that! )
Monday morning – PET scan; Tuesday morning-Liver Biopsy. The PET scan should show what’s going on with the pancreas and the liver biopsy will produce some nice tissue for JH to analyze. My prayer is that it will all be benign, but let’s see what God has in store for us in this big adventure. That’s for coming along with me and supporting me with all your prayers. I am overwhelmed with cards, good wishes, encouraging words, and knowing how many of you guys are thinking of me and praying for me. I feel like Moses when he held up his arms while the battle against Amalek was ongoing. Whenever his arms would get weary, his friends Aaron and Hur would come alongside and hold them up for him Exodus 17:7…I know that I will need lots of “holding up” by friends in the days, months?, years!, to come…so THANKS good friends and mighty prayer warriors!!! Love, love, love xoxo Carol (p.s. Amalek was defeated! )

4 comments:

  1. That's exciting news! Looking back over this whole ordeal, I think it is so clear that God's hand has been all over the little details - from getting assistance into JH to the timing of the tests (another day or two with Chip and avoiding the snowy I-95 - that's good stuff). And the good news is that God doesn't quit half-way - that everything that will happen, down to the smallest detail, is a part of His plan. The tests, etc may not be fun, but my picture is of you there in the hospital, with God right by you whispering in your ear "Don't worry Carol, I'm in charge here, everything that happens is part of my plan, and I'm taking care of you in all this." Can't get much better than that!
    Patty and I and the church are all praying intensely for you, Frank, and the family!
    Love - P&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol and Frank,
    Great news! Will pray that all test result turn out benign.

    love,
    Vickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    I wish I was there to hold your hand. Please know Ken and I are thinking of you all the time and pray for the very best...We love you.
    Mindy and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol and Frank-

    you are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. We are willing and would be honored to help if and when your arms grow weary. Love Rosemary and Denis

    ReplyDelete