Friday, March 13, 2009

Clear Cut Assignments

I received a card this week that had this Bible Verse on it: Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12) I love it when we have a Bible verse where God tells us Just What To Do. ….it was perfectly suited for me because I am so task oriented. On that score, I just want to say…you are doing a GREAT job on the third assignment, thanks for your faithfulness! Each day I see how God is answering prayers…I am feeling pretty good for all of us on the first assignment of being joyful in HOPE…but that PATIENCE one….that is tough! I think I can sum up me as: “Joyfully, hopefully, prayerfully…. impatient!”

After all the drama of this week with the bile duct stent and pneumonia vaccination on Monday, the overnight in the hospital, then the liver biopsy on Tuesday afternoon, it was GREAT to be back home again Tuesday night! Today I went for a blood test to see if my liver was happy with the new stent to clear a passage in the bile duct and if the enzyme levels are down enough to begin chemo treatments. Well, the good news is that the numbers are down significantly so the stent is working! Yay!! But unfortunately, numbers are not down low enough so the chemo has to be postponed again.

So, here’s the prayer…God, please have Carol’s enzyme levels come down so that the JH team can move ahead with the treatment. (And anything else you might like to add related to world hunger, peace among the nations and the economic stimulus package – and complete healing!)

I mean let’s just say here and now…that WONDERFUL liver biopsy that my personal photographer Christine captured on her i-phone was a huge answer to your prayers. Not a HINT of a complication or internal bleeding! I was a little bummed today to learn that I “flunked” the enzyme test and Christine sent me this Psalm 1:24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. --- and that’s ALL of us…thanks for your prayers for me—so get back at it…faithful in prayer! Be Strong! Take heart! …enzymes!

Frank and I are out at the Eastern Shore this weekend and Dr. Laheru told me that my job is to rest, eat, and lower my enzymes. I am taking all my assignments very, very seriously!

Love,

Carol

9 comments:

  1. Carol,

    We will pray first and foremost that your wonderful attitude draws others to our Lord. Then we will pray for your enzymes. Then we will pray for peace and the stimulus package. I think the Lord has the same priorities as well! :)

    We love you.

    Matt (and Jenny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    Thanks for the update and prayer assignment.

    Remember Isaish 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles..."

    Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol and Frank,
    We are going to be happy for a wintery weekend so you can stay inside, light a log fire, cuddle up with a good book, eat, rest and enjoy each other's company. The rest of us will be our part to continue to pray for you and your dear family.
    Love you,
    Elaine and Preston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol,

    We're glad that everything is progressing well and that you and Frank will have some quiet time together. As you probably know June and Steve will be with us for a few days and we'll try some foresome prayers for you. Keep that beautiful smile and awsome upbeat attitude and we know that God will take care of you. Luv ya, Wally and Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol!
    This is Kelsey Connor! Mary Anne and Brittany told me about your blog, so I thought I would say hello. I just wanted you to know that I will be following your progress and know that you will have one more prayer warrior out there for you :) Keep on fighting, I miss you!
    Love,
    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Carol. Yesterday I heard for the first time that you are going through this incredible trial. (For the past 3 weeks, I have been lost in "my niece's wedding in Savannah" land and in "my baby turns 18 and celebrates" land. This has caused me to be absent from some of my usual routines/activities and to be out of touch with some of my day to day contacts. I am distraught that I did not know so that I could have been praying all along) But I will start NOW, praying for God to hold you in the palm of His Mighty Right Hand of protection and healing. To a dear friend who is inspirational not only in health as a feisty CBS Core Leader but also in sickness blogging from her hospital bed: Love, love, love, Nancy Patch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Carol and Frank: We are hoping you are having a rejuvinating weekend at the shore, eating and getting stronger for the week ahead at JH. We--along with Wally and Eileen--are keeping you in our conversations and our prayers. We love you both dearly and send you hugs galore. Many thanks for your updates. xox June and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Carol and Frank, So glad to see the pictures! Your pictures and comments do sound as if the Peace of the Lord is with you. Praise the Lord! Today, let St. Patrick's Breastplate be your prayer. I love it!

    Christ with me, Christ before me,
    Christ behind me, Christ within me,
    Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
    Christ in the fort, [i.e., at home]
    Christ in the chariot seat, [i.e., travelling by land]
    Christ in the poop. [i.e., travelling by water]

    Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
    Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
    Christ in every eye that sees me,
    Christ in every ear that hears me.

    I bind to myself today
    The strong virtue of an invocation of the Trinity,
    I believe the Trinity in the Unity
    The Creator of the Universe.
    Love, Susan Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol,
    This is Sandy Violand from last year's core group. I haven't had a chance to see you at CBS but heard about your blog and am overwhelmed and full of joy after reading it! Your words and positive attitude are yet another reminder of what happens to us when we walk with the Lord. I am and will continue praying really hard for your continued healing and that you know that love is all around you.

    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete