Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hospital Happenings

Thought you all would enjoy these bits from Carol's early morning email to me from Hopkins!

Had a little excitement here last night, apparently my neighbor here on the 3rd
floor got his (sealed) window open and was wandering around on the 2nd floor
roof top outside my window. I was groggy and didn't see anything but I could
hear them getting him back inside. Then someone came in and checked the seal on
my (and I assume all other) windows! It caused quite a flurry and a stir. People
running all over the hallways saying "there's a patient on the roof!" "What?"
"shit! Shit! How did this happen!". And one guy kept saying "I thought he was in
the bathroom. I thought he was in the bathroom.' I asked my nurse later and she
said "yeah, I was in another room and caught a glimpse of him stumbling on
the gravelled flat roof top. All I can say is I'm glad he wasn't MY patient!" I
imagine there will be lots of paperwork to follow THAT little episode!

Even so, I had a very,very good night last night. No pain, meds worked well every
4 hours. Slept so well. Actually just woke up for a little "walk" across the
room and am going back to sleep b/c I can. :). It's 6:30 am.


PS: I forgot to share a funny with you! As I think you all know, my organs are
all flipped inside of me. Whatever you have on the right, in me is on the left
(not common, but not unheard of Dr Christopher told me at Sibley.) So I said to
Dr Giday before the stent insertion yesterday "did you notice that I am
flipped?" He said "yeah, that's crazy, when I have my scope in you I feel like I
am driving in the UK!" Ha ha. I thought that was such a funny thing to say!

Have a good one today. Watch for God! :)

1 comment:

  1. Carol and Frank: Wow....things are moving right along. Your evening entertainment with the escaped patient sounded quite hilarious. So glad you had a good nights sleep and I pray that the liver biopsy goes easily today. We're praying for your comfort and peace in all that's going on AND for your extremely gifted and bright doctors to find all the right procedures and answers for you. We love you! June and Steve

    ReplyDelete